In the chemical and chemical-pharmaceutical synthesis sector, streams characterised by small-scale (100 to 1,000 Nm3/h) with high concentrations of VOCs can be treated by condensation at very low temperatures.
The main advantages of the cryogenic systems are:
- Competitiveness of the investment cost for installations between 100 and 1,000 Nm3/h
- Low costs of operation and maintenance
- Plant safety
- Efficiencies constant at variable capacities
- Ease of process control
- Low load loss
- Possibility of solvent recovery in liquid phase
- Absence of reaction by-products.